Public Safety Officer II -
Public Safety (Full Time)
The Public Safety Officer II is an armed position responsible for protecting tribal assets in and around the casinos and provides for the safety, security and wellbeing of patrons and employees. Protects Tribal assets against loss or theft, and provide armed escorts as needed. Conducts gaming tables drops, chip fills, and asset escorts. Will provide security during the cash pulls. Stand assigned posts & respond to breaches of the peace. Enforce Policies & Procedures and criminal law & will assist outside law enforcement partnering agencies as required. Interact with patrons and team members in a positive, professional manner. Participate in continuous training programs including semi-annual firearms qualifications. May be assigned to specialized assignments and exterior public safety duties to include bike or vehicle patrol. Performs other public safety related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive working relationship with co-workers and management and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to obtain a NIGC key license.
- Must have strong reasoning and guest relations skills.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Candidate will have to provide his/her own firearm and duty gear (uniforms are provided).
- Prior experience with a licensed Public Safety or Security company performing officer or guard duties; or prior military service performing military law enforcement or military security related duties; or a college degree in an administration of justice related field of study, or Public Safety related degree program preferred, BUT NOT REQUIRED. Desirable candidates without experience will receive necessary training.
- Prior law enforcement experience, or gaming agency experience is welcomed.
- H.S. diploma or GED required.
- Current CA State Driver’s license.
- A current BSIS Guard Card is required.
- BSIS Exposed Firearm’s Permit must be obtained within 12 months upon hire.