Police Officer -
Tribal Police Department (Full Time)
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform security protection and provide other law enforcement services to safeguard the lives, property and rights of Tribal members, guests and employees; respond to crime and accident scenes, emergency and non-emergency situations and other requests for assistance; enforce the laws and ordinances of the Tribe, City, State and Federal law.
- Graduation from high school (or GED) AND
- Graduation from a California POST Certified Basic Police Academy; completed either through the Basic (full-time) Course, Extended Course or the Modular Format Course.
- Experience as a Police Officer or Level 1 Police Reserve or other specialized law enforcement officer is preferred, but not required.
- Valid California Class C Driver’s License.
- Valid BSIS Guard Card.
- Valid BSIS Exposed Firearms Permit.
- Valid BSIS Baton and OC Spray Permit.
- Certificate of Completion of California POST Certified Basic Police Academy, Extended Course Academy or Modular Format Academy for Level 1 Reserves, or a
- California Basic Post Certificate, or
- California POST Waiver Letter – (to be obtained within one year of hire).
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification (obtain within 60 days of hiring).