Environmental Specialist I -
Environmental (Full Time)
Under the direction of the Environmental Department Manager, the Environmental Specialist I is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the Morongo Environmental Protection Department including entry-level tasks under the Tribal Air, Tribal Water, Resource Conservation, and Pollution Prevention Programs. Activities may include monitoring equipment maintenance, data collection/management, recycling and hazardous wastes management, education/outreach activities, and environmental surveys to ensure compliance with federal and tribal environmental regulations and policies.
- Previous experience working on environmental protection issues preferred but not required.
- Must have strong writing abilities and must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Willing to learn/grow within the department.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must have a CA driver license and be insurance on company policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies/Sciences, Geography, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, or a related field required.