How to Apply
The application period for our 2020 Community Outreach program has closed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times, and be well.
Dear Morongo Community Outreach Applicant:
Below you will find an outline of our application process. Please be advised that we will be strictly following these guidelines and funding will not be available to those who do not meet all criteria.
There will be five categories under which an organization’s need must be classified:
- Native American Culture: e.g., Museums, Language Preservation, Music, Storytelling, Art, or other Activities involving Native culture
- Social Services: e.g., Programs addressing social issues (Domestic Violence, Elders, At-Risk Youth, Child Abuse); Homeless Shelters providing meals
- Education: e.g., Programs serving at-risk Youth from Low-Income Households, Literacy Programs, Libraries
- Hospitals/Health Organizations: e.g., Medical Equipment and Programs, Health Care for families, Vision and Hearing Programs for Elders, Wellness Programs
- Military and Military Families support groups: e.g., Veterans Organizations
Preference will be given to Federally-recognized tribes, native communities, and organizations located in the Banning/San Gorgonio Pass area (Whitewater/Palm Springs to Moreno Valley to Calimesa).
Non-profit organizations may apply for a financial donation only once per year. Duplicate applications submitted within the same year will be denied. Morongo Community Outreach does not fund Galas, administrative costs (including staff salaries), golf tournaments, or any sports (including but not limited to Little League, Booster Clubs, or cheerleading).
All required documentation listed below must be submitted with the application. If all of the documents are not received, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. A complete application packet will include:
- Funding Request Application
- Proposal Letter or Request Letter
- List of the Organization’s Board of Directors
- The Organization’s Articles of Incorporation
- The Organization’s By-laws
- The IRS Letter confirming the 501(c)(3) Status of the organization
- The Budget for the program or event for which the donation is being requested
- The organization’s previous year’s financial statement
- An itemizes list or detail description regarding exactly how the funding will be used
In the event you are missing any of the above required documents, you will notified by mail or e-mail and your application will be put on hold. If after six (6) months all the required documentation is not received, your application will be destroyed, and a new one will be required.
The Morongo Community Outreach Committee may like to visit your organization before making a decision regarding funding; you will be notified if this is the case.
All application packets are destroyed at the end of the funding cycle. Even if you have submitted an application in the past, you will be required to submit a new application and all required documents each time you wish to apply for funding.
The Morongo Community Outreach Committee meets in July/August to process the Thanksgiving applications. Award letters will be sent out between September and October.